Saturday 23 February 2013

One size does not fit all!



I’ve touched on this before in previous blogs, but I’m continually baffled by the need to use auto DM’s for new followers. The same message to every new follower can never work, surely? Or is it just me that gets a little ‘upset’ with them?!

Today I’ve had a few and I just don’t get it – one of them was even offering me a service I provide my clients! Would they go a face to face network meeting and say that to me? I doubt it! So why on Twitter?

For me Twitter is and always will be a 24/7 networking meeting; every follow, every conversation, every auto tweet is me demonstrating my business and what I do - obviously with a little fun thrown in, I’m not a robot after all ;) But it’s absolutely no different to how I would behave at a network meeting.

The one size fits all responders are the equivalent of cold calling and I’m not a fan of that either! Every new follower has the potential either to directly or indirectly be a new client/customer/contact – don’t take that for granted and treat everyone the same; take a few minutes to read tweets and bio’s, just the way you hope people will do for you - it could be the making of your business!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking the same as you for a long long time! Hit the nail on the head with Auto DM's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more! I hate auto DMs so glad I decided against going down that route myself!!

    ReplyDelete