Wednesday 30 October 2013

Can you be too thankful?

Picture credit: Wikimedia Commons
Like everyone, I was always taught to remember my p’s and q’s as a child and I when I started out using social media, I decided to make it part of my strategy to thank people for supporting me. So, where am going with this post you ask?! Well the other day I saw a conversation over on Facebook about people ‘over’ thanking and it losing its meaning, so it got me thinking can you ever be TOO thankful?

The main point of the conversation was that some people didn’t want to be thanked for re-tweeting /re-posting/sharing content as that was just what it was there for. Now, I can kind of take that on board; we’ve all seen those epic tweets that start as one person thanking someone and then it becomes war and peace ‘thank you, no thank you, no no thank you’ and it goes on, but at the end of the day is that such a bad thing? It is social media after all!


I’m a big fan of thanking people and very often do my shout out for my re-tweet superstars! I think not only is it a nice thing to do for the people that think my content is interesting enough to share with their followers, but it’s also a great way for people to find other supportive people to follow. 


So, for me the answer will always be no, you can’t ever be too thankful; I really do appreciate the amazing support I have encountered and continue to encounter on a daily basis! Without that support my business wouldn’t be growing and I wouldn’t be continuing to connect with so many incredible people and businesses.


So thank you for taking the time to read this – I hope you’re having a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post lol

    I do say thank you but sometimes if you look at my timeline it seems to be all I post. I will continue though

    ReplyDelete